Immediately hiring multiple Cable Technicians! Open to experienced or less experienced applicants!
Samsung SDS is looking for multiple Cable Technicians for their Austin, TX location! Samsung SDS plays a leading role in the global market with unique logistics services. If you are self-motivated and can work with a cross-functional team, we want to hear from you!
As a Cable Technician you will assist with structured cabling and adjustments to network connections for technical systems. This role requires you to drive from Austin to Taylor, TX (North Austin to Taylor area) when needed.
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Supply Chain Operator
- Assist with installation, adjustments, and changes to network connections for technical systems
- Install, terminate, test and troubleshoot copper/fiber cabling mediums for data infrastructures in a large enterprise environment
- Able to support 24x7 data center and fab operation to be determined by on call scheduling
- Occasional support to network team (rack and de-rack network devices, support during HW replacements, hotfix participation to resolve connectivity issues, etc)
- Follow all on-site security protocols and Standard Operating Procedures, and comply with all company policies
Requirements for Supply Chain Operator
- High school diploma
- Valid driver's license and must have reliable transportation
- Some experience in construction, knowledge of safety practices, familiarity with cable construction and industry standards
- Familiarity with copper testing procedures and metrics
- Must be able to work a Monday through Friday 8 to 5pm schedule and on weekends
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, work in elevated areas on ladders upwards of 40 feet, in confined spaces and tight areas for long periods of time
- Must be able to drive from Taylor, TX to North Austin often