an hour + competitive benefits
Immediately hiring a Grocery Store Butcher at Draeger's Market!
Draeger's is a family owned grocery store that satisfies varied grocery needs of surrounding and far reaching neighborhoods. Draeger's offers a fine blend of gourmet, international and natural foods, prepared foods/bakery products, meat, wine, catering, beverages, and cookware products.
This Market is looking to add a Butcher to their state-of-the-art market. Draeger's hire the most knowledgeable and qualified personnel capable of consistently meeting patron's needs. If you carry excellent customer service skills, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities for Butcher
- Provide efficient, courteous, and friendly customer service - our most important duty
- Perform duties related to the display, and selling of beef, pork, lamb, poultry, seafood, sausages, ready-to-cook products, and cured meats
- Prepare, package, weigh, and price meat products for sale
- Receive, unload, and put away product deliveries
- Understand and protect food safety
- Assist with cleaning and sanitizing food preparation areas, tools, and equipment
- Ensure all cases and shelves are clean and well-stocked
Requirements for Butcher
- Perform duties related to the cutting, and preparation of beef, pork, lamb, poultry, seafood, sausages, ready-to-cook products, and cured meats
- Handle freight, organize coolers, operate electric meat saws, grinders, and other meat processing equipment
- Follow department procedures
- Train team members on various cuts and preparations of meat
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to stand for up to 5 hours and a total of 8 hours per shift
- Lift/carry up to 50 lbs. and sometimes more
- Meat Cutters typically have more than 2 years experience, apprentices have less, and meat clerks do not need prior experience. Meat Clerks and apprentices will be trained