Laboratory Supervisor - Medical Technologist
Hematology Oncology Associates of the Palm Beaches,
Lake Worth, Florida FL
Responsible for supervising, administering, and coordinating the activities of the Laboratory Technicians and the phlebotomy area in the laboratory and draw stations.
Salary: $30-34 hourly
Schedule: Mainly 8am - 4:30pm; on rotation 7:30am - 4:00pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits, hires, trains, and conducts periodic performance reviews.
- Manages the schedule and supervises the daily activities of assigned personnel. Coordinates staff activities and work assignments.
- Provides technical, scientific, and management oversight for POCT performed throughout the clinic to meet accreditation and regulatory standards. This includes establishing test system performance characteristics; ensuring all areas are performing the testing accurately and according to guidelines; reviewing/evaluating QC sheets; resolving technical problems; and ensuring that remedial/corrective actions are taken, if necessary.
- Manage basic functions of the department such as personnel issues, monitoring work time, providing input on performance appraisals of all laboratory staff.
- Maintains competency of new and current staff: develops, implements, and monitors the training program.
- Assist manager in the oversight of laboratory and POCT proficiency testing to include ordering, assigning, result submission, interpretation, and the investigation of failures.
- Ensures that testing platforms are properly functioning. Maintains, troubleshoots and takes corrective action with equipment as needed.
- Assists with Laboratory Quality Assurance and Safety activities.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in an approved Medical Technology program with completion of a one (1) year internship in a Clinical laboratory setting, or a Bachelor's degree in a related science field with two (2) years of experience in a Clinical Laboratory setting that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities, or equivalent college level courses and experience.
- Four (4) years of experience in a Clinical Laboratory setting that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities, with (preferred) one (1) year in a supervisory or management capacity.
- (Preferred) One (1) year of experience managing laboratory.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations
Medical Technologist (ASCP), Certified Laboratory Scientist (NCA), or equivalent.
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.