Samsung SDS is looking to add a Senior Logistics Operator to oversee and facilitate the supply chain operations of their Santa Fe Springs, CA warehouse! You will effectively manage goods and keep transportation running smoothly.
As a Senior Logistics Operator you will work cross functionally with other teams to ensure environmental and social sustainability of logistics operations. This role plays a critical support function for driving growth through effective execution. Bilingual in Mandarin, Korean, Vietnamese or Japanese is a big plus! Experience in ocean or freight forwarding is required.
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Logistics Coordinator
- Receive shipping documents (B/L, Arrival Notice, ISF info, etc) and review for accuracy
- Prepare D/O for drayage shipments & send the order to trucker
- Plan warehouse's space
- Troubleshoot all issues from cargo pick up from seal port to ship out
- Report damage cases in transit or at warehouse to customer
- Receive spot quotation from service providers & propose AT to customers
- Maintain essential account documentation up to date
- Follow SOP/Work instructions and ensure operational SOP compliance
- Accurate data entry into in-house systems (Cello)
- Handle settlement for AR/AP through in-house system (Cello)
Requirements for Logistics Coordinator
- Experience in ocean or freight forwarding in the supply chain industry is required
- Warehousing experience required
- Advanced skills using Outlook and Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Problem solver mindset, self-motivated, organized, strong work ethic
- Ability to speak one of the following languages is a big plus: Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, or Mandarin