Samsung SDS is looking to add a stellar Logistic Associate to their team based in Dayton, NJ! If you are self-motivated and can work with a cross-functional team, we want to hear from you!
You will work cross functionally with other teams to ensure environmental and social sustainability of logistics operations. This role plays a critical support function for driving growth through effective execution.
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Logistics Associate
- Monitor booking/loading/in transit status for import ocean cargo and recommend changes in process as needed
- Receive shipping documents and cargo release to review they are accurate
- Check contracted rate and make quotation with carrier
- Manage outbound plan through W/H accurately
- Troubleshoot all issues from booking to cargo delivery in a timely manner
- Maintain essential account documentation with up to date information
- Increase customer satisfaction and business share through regular contact (i.e., phone, email)
- Follow SOP/Work Instructions and ensure operational best practice in line with customer requirements as well as ensure operational SOP compliance
- Handle accurate data entry into in-house system for settlement of AR/AP (Cello) and other systems as needed
Requirements for Logistics Associate
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience in logistics or supply chain industry
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office: Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Word
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to engage and work directly with customers
- Problem solver mindset, self-motivated, organized
- Open to learning other modes of transportation as needed