Samsung SDS is looking for a Logistics Supervisor for their Austin, TX location! Samsung SDS plays a leading role in the global market with unique logistics services. If you are self-motivated and can work with a cross-functional team, we want to hear from you!
As a Logistics Supervisor, you will monitor and manage the entire process of product movement via Air, Ocean and Land transportation. You will also report monthly on Key Performance Indicators for the Supply Chain function. Extensive experience of ocean and air logistics required!
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Logistics Supervisor
- Monitor and manage the entire process of product movement via Air, Ocean, Land/trucking transportation process
- Track shipments across different channels
- Report monthly on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for the Supply Chain function
- Daily liaison with customer, carriers, internal staff
- Develop performance metrics to evaluate the operating performance of internal supply chain resources and external supply chain partner collaboration model
- Support to perform logistics procedures to achieve team goals by logistics policies.
- Keep proper records of all forms of transactions related to the team’s logistics operations
- Monitor and resolve discrepancies and problems that can be found related to the transportation/logistics system
- Maintain essential account documentation with up to date information and ensuring that it is collated and stored so as to be readily accessible
- Analyze areas of corporate logistics to find out the most cost-effective means and method of transporting supplies
- Coordinate with site managers and co-workers to assure effective operations
- Handle settlement for AR/AP through in-house system (Cello)
Requirements for Logistics Supervisor
- 5+ years of work experience in Logistics (Ocean/Air)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Excellent analytical skills required
- Problem solving mindset, organized, can handle high pressure and fast pace operations as needed
- Excellent communication and time management skills required
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to travel up to 10% (in U.S.)
- A plus if you are able to speak Korean!