Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (MRA)
Hematology Oncology Associates
Lake Worth, FL 33462
$17 - $22 an hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Urgent Job Opening! Hiring ASAP
Bring your passion for patient care to one of the top cancer treatment offices in Florida. Hematology Oncology Associates was established over 35 years ago, and has grown to include 7 Board Certified Hematology and Oncologists in 3 convenient locations. Their goals are to provide state of the art cancer treatments with a high level of compassionate care in a warm inviting environment.
Urgently seeking a Medical Biller with medical billing experience, attention to detail, and knowledge of insurance guidelines.
For Pharmacy Technician or Medical Laboratory Technican positions, please apply here instead.
- Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures
- Check eligibility and benefits verification for treatments and procedures
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance
- Review accounts for insurance of patient follow-up
- Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts
- Set up patient payment plans and work collection accounts
- High School Diploma
- Billing experience (required)
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
- Computer skills and electronic billing software
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 Coding
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Customer service and clear communication
- Phone handling
- Effective multitasker
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.