San Francisco, CA 94109
Competitive benefits: 401(k), Dental insurance, Health insurance, PTO, Vision insurance, excellent career growth opportunities
Generations Healthcare is looking to add a Medical Billing/Medical Office Assistant to join our team. Our skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility has an outstanding reputation in the healthcare industry with an excellent rating for quality patient care and an enjoyable work environment.
As a Medical Billing/Medical Office Assistant, you will assist the Business Office Manager and Bookkeeper in the daily accounting functions in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to the long-term care operation.
Learn more about us here, but scroll down to apply on Teamanics! Company Website
- Assists in the completion of initial and re-authorizations as needed of all HMO/CAL custodial residents, including pertinent documentation necessary for approval.
- Keeps accurate and necessary tracking system for Authorizations needed.
- Completes Authorizations timely and follow up for approval.
- Submits claims for HMO/CAL's, including follow up, phone calls and Appeals.
- Researches and follows up on HMO claims as assigned by the Office Manager and Bookkeeper, i.e. Claims submission, Appeals, follow up and correspondence; accountability to the Business Office Manager/Bookkeeper for the assigned accounts with oral and written reports of action taken.
- Assists in the Collection Process of all private accounts, including phone calls, collection letters and the policy and procedure for collections. Keeps accurate documentation on all phone calls.
- Performs assertive functions as necessary or directed, i.e. letters, phone calls, photocopying, etc.
- Covers for receptionist during their breaks and lunch or whenever needed.
- Engages in cross training for all business related services.
- Medical insurance billing experience or education
- Healthcare office experience (preferred)
- Medi- Cal and Medicare billing knowledge is a plus
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other departments in the facility
- Ability to engage in frequent customer-focused interaction with residents and their families