Medical Office Assistant
San Francisco, CA
Salary: $16 to $30 /hour depending on experience + benefits
Work full-time or part-time.
Take your career to the next level! Bring your passion for patient care to one of multiple highly rated medical offices in San Francisco.
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication.
A great opportunity to grow in administrative and healthcare fields. Apply, and you will be considered for Medical Office Assistant roles at multiple medical offices in San Francisco.
- Interview patients and document basic medical history
- Schedule appointments, communicate to doctors, and adjust daily schedule
- Assist during medical examinations
- Elegantly describe services provided and renew prescriptions
- Update and file medical records and insurance reports
- Arrange hospital admissions and laboratory services
- Check with patients and type up patients charts
- Handle receivable and payable accounts and keep financial records
- Prepare and clean treatment rooms and medical instruments
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction and maximum accountability
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Be committed to quality patient care and an excellent patient experience
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant (preferred)
- Degree in medical assistance (preferred)
- Being bilingual is helpful, but not needed
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.