Houston, TX 77098
River Oaks Dermatology specializes in medical, cosmetic, and surgical dermatology. We are growing and looking for a Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Assistant to join our team!
Great for students in a gap year on track to medical school or PA school. Willing to train the right candidate!
As Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Assistant, you will prepare patients for the health care visit, complete records, handle billing, manage supplies and office equipment, and help maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment!
SCROLL DOWN TO APPLY BELOW! You may learn more about us on our Company Website, but please do not call our office regarding job applications.
- Prepare patients for the health care visit, including drawing blood, taking vitals when needed and preparing rooms for patient encounters.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies, and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Dermatology experience or extensive customer service background preferred
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is a plus, not required
- High school diploma
- 2+ years of experience (preferred)
- Must possess good physical, mental, and emotional health
- Reliable and Dependable
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Excellent customer service
- Team player with "going over and above" attitude is a must