River Oaks Dermatology specializes in medical, cosmetic, and surgical dermatology. They strive for excellent and compassionate care to each patient of the practice. We are growing and looking for a Medical Office Assistant to join our team!
As Medical Office Assistant, you will prepare patients for the health care visit, complete records, handle billing, manage supplies and office equipment, and help maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment!
SCROLL DOWN TO APPLY BELOW! You may learn more about us on our Company Website, but please do not call our office regarding job applications.
- Prepare patients for the health care visit, including drawing blood, taking vitals when needed and preparing rooms for patient encounters.
- Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Generates revenues by recording billing information of services rendered; completing insurance forms; responding to insurance and other third-party inquiries.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies, and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Extensive customer service background preferred
- Must possess good physical, mental, and emotional health
- Reliable and Dependable
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Excellent customer service
- Team player with "going over and above" attitude is a must
- High school diploma
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) is a plus, not required
- Dermatology or similar experience/education is a plus, not required