Samsung SDS is looking for a stellar Bilingual Systems Engineer to add to their team based in Ridgefield Park, NJ! If disaster recovery is your expertise, we encourage you to apply!
As a Systems Engineer you will provide upgrades and implement new network technology. You will support by implementing, developing and designing communication networks within the organization. Experience with WAN & LAN network operations, multi-routing protocols, and multi-vendor equipment is required. Ability to speak Korean is a must!
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Systems Engineer
- Design, implementation and operational support of Cisco Routing & Switch infrastructure
- Provide troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance of multi-campus complex networks, including assistance to vendor technical resources
- Configure and maintain standard QoS templates across all network devices
- Participate in infrastructure roadmap planning, including recommending, scheduling, and performing infrastructure improvements, upgrades, and lifecycle management
- Participate in projects and provide technical project management across various teams
- Work with project team and customers to recommend, design and implement IPT/WAN/LAN/WLAN at remote office locations
- Support the implementation of new systems and applications including planning, executing technical tasks, testing, issue resolution, assessment of system environment readiness, and go-live support
- Provide recommendations on the process improvements related to implementation processes and leads the efforts to create improvements
- Participate in process improvement and standardization initiatives, including documentation
- Manage VLAN, VLAN Trunk, Spanning tree, Port channeling, HSRP(or VRRP) and DHCP
Requirements for System Engineer
- Ability to speak Korean
- Associate's Degree Required (Bachelor's Preferred)
- CCNA or CCNP or equivalent experience required
- 4+ years experience of WAN & LAN network operation
- Experience with multi-routing protocols environment like RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and switching
- Experience with multi-vendor network equipment (Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Palo alto and so on), firewalls, software VPN, and hardware VPN tunnels
- Ability to advertise and filter 1,000+ routing prefixes
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel and Powerpoint documentation for designing, installing, troubleshooting network
- Strong sense of responsibility and be aggressive to complete mission