Samsung SDS is looking for a Desktop Support Technician to join their team in Ridgefield Park, NJ! Samsung SDS plays a leading role in the global market with unique logistics services. If PC Desktops are your expertise, we encourage you to apply!
As a Desktop Support Technician you will assist with the installation and support of new and upgraded workstation hardware and software and ensure its integrity and optimal operation. This role assists with recommending, implementing and documenting new hardware and software solutions that improve the computing experience. Experience in Helpdesk or IT is required. An ideal candidate carries strong knowledge of PC Desktops and Windows Operating Systems.
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Desktop Support Technician
- Read and interpret technical manuals
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software
- Perform diagnostics for outages and urgent issues working with supporting teams to drive to a resolution
- Ticket creation for real-time issues
- Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers
- Install, upgrade and support all desktop applications
- Perform system validations to ensure customer user interface reflects current state of the network
Requirements for Desktop Support Technician
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years of Help Desk experience, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- A+ Certification
- Must have good organizational, decision-making, and logical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals
- Strong knowledge of PC applications, Windows Operating Systems, MS Office Suites and other MS Products such as Project, Visio, etc. is helpful
- Knowledge of PC Hardware/Architecture, configuration of BIOS, Motherboard settings, power supply diagnosis and running general diagnostic software programs
- Must have a good understanding of backing up and deploying images to various Laptops /Desktops using tools such as SCCM, Acronis, Ghost etc.
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10, Office 2013/2016/2019, PC hardware, Remote Support and VPN