Medical Office Scheduling Coordinator
Next Step Healthcare
Braintree, MA 02184
$15 - $18 an hour
Benefits: Paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday),
Medical through BCBS, 401(k),
Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
If you have a passion for helping people, for making them feel safe, respected, cared for and listened to, then your next step is with us.
At Next Step Healthcare, we know that working in the healthcare industry is more than just a job - it's a way of life reserved for the most compassionate, caring, and hard-working individuals. We are privileged to work alongside people who believe, like we do, that locally owned and operated healthcare facilities should go beyond simply "meeting the needs" of its residents.
Responsible for working with department heads and scheduling facility staff, (i.e. RN's/LPN's/CNA's, Dietary, etc.) for a 24 hour per day, 7 day a week operation, utilizing the scheduling program OnShift. Must remain within budgeted hours each week. Must not schedule overtime without prior approval of the Administrator.
Appropriately schedule all RN's/LPN's and CNA's to budgeted staffing levels to cover shifts 24 hours per day - 7 days per week. Monitor schedules to ensure that overtime is not incurred without the prior approval of the Administrator. Replace any call-outs as soon as possible, being sure not to use overtime unless prior approval from the Administrator is received.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must possess patience and the ability to relate tactfully and professionally with all nursing staff members.
- Must be knowledgeable of administrative practices, procedures and policies.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances arrant such action and to remain calm during emergency situations.
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and operate mechanics of a multi-line telephone/paging system.
- Must have computer experience.
- Must be proficient in the English language, including grammatical usage.
- Patient Registration: 1 year (Preferred)
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year in hospital registration, experience preferred
- Experienced in a medical customer service environment required
- Experience in handling and balancing cash required
- Able to operate computer software, phones, and other business systems
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.