Samsung SDS is looking to add an experienced Linux Engineer to their team in Dallas, TX. Samsung SDS plays a leading role in the global market with unique logistics services. If your expertise is Linux, we encourage you to apply!
As a Linux Engineer, you will provide upgrades and implement new System technology. In this role you will focus on implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and designing servers within the organization and prepare for disaster recovery.
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Linux Engineer
- Ensure high availability and continually improve operational processes
- Supervise computer administrators and/or user support specialists
- Maintain Physical Dell/ HP Servers, NetApp Storage device and NetBackup appliance,
- Manage System devices OS patching, upgrade and Tier 3 support
- Monitor, maintain, configure and upgrading MIS systems, Development, 3rd party in remote offices including Ridgefield Park and Plano
- Manage in-house security solution management
- 24/7/365 ready to support the Warehouse, service line and packing line
- Project management, planning, DR, new system designs and implementation
- Troubleshoot Linux
Requirements for Linux Engineer
- MIS servers, application server maintenance
- Experience managing servers in remote offices if accessible
- Experience monitoring Systems activities, lab systems support, application server management, Asset managements, OS, Patch, audit, upgrades
- Experience with server migration, troubleshooting, Permission set management, backup restore, user authentication, authorization management
- Experience with Linux DBA, VERITAS NetBackup, DR, Cluster maintenance, VMware based Backup/Restores, Application server management, CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, FC and NDMP management experience